Contact Us

Resident Complaints - Submit Options

City of Dunkirk - Resident Complaints

Building & Zoning Complaints
Are you a resident that has a complaint such as someone not mowing their grass, or noticed an unregistered vehicle, or perhaps work going on without a permit?

The City would like to encourage all residents to utilize the new and easy to use online complaint system. Your complaints can be tracked to see its status, keeping you up to date with your complaint. Please check for duplicate complaints in the portal, as someone may have submitted the same complaint prior to yours and it may be currently being worked on.

Residents can find this new online complaint system link on the City's website under Residents page>Building Complaints, and also under the Building & Zoning Department page where the "Submit Online Complaint" link is located within the department information box at the right-hand side.

To submit a Building & Zoning Complaint, please click the following:
Dunkirk, NY (

DPW Complaints
Are you a resident that has a complaint such as a fallen tree, or a major pothole?
Please call the Department of Public Works at 716-366-9832.

Departmental Complaints
Are you a resident that has an issue with one of the City's Departments?

To submit a departmental complaint, please click the link below and choose the Department you wish to make the complaint with. In regard to the Police Department, this link is for Police Department complaints and not area issues or crimes.
Dunkirk, NY (