Contact Us

Marriage Licenses

In order to be married in the State of New York, a Marriage License is required and must be applied for at least 24 hours prior the wedding. This must be done no more than 60 days in advance. The marriage license must be used within the State of New York.

Marriage licenses are issued by appointment only. Please contact the City Clerk's office at (716) 366-0452 to schedule an appointment.

Dunkirk City Clerk Office Requirements:

  • Fee of $40 (cash, check, money order)
  • Both parties must be at least 18 years of age (must be present)
    • If one or both parties are age 16 or 17, the custodial parent(s) or guardian(s) must appear before the Clerk to sign a consent form. The parent(s)/guardian(s) must present a court order stating that they are soley responsible for the minor, if that is the case.
    • If one or both of the applicants is age 14 or 15, the parties must present written consent and approval of a justice of the supreme or family court. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) consenting to the marriage of the minor must appear before the clerk. If the affidavit of consent is being made outside the State of New York, it must be notarized and accompanied by a certificate of authentication.
  • Social Security Numbers of each applicant
  • Birth certificates of each applicant
  • Photo IDs of each applicant
  • All divorce records, if applicable
  • All required paperwork must be in English
License issued between 9:00am – 4:00pm

Click here for Marriage Certificate Requirements