In order to receive a copy of a birth certificate, you must send the clerk's office the required documentation. Please send birth certificate requests to The City's Clerk's Office. Documents may also be faxed to (716) 363-0058, ***include your phone number in the email or fax.Dunkirk City Clerk Office Requirements:
- Check or money order (made payable to the City of Dunkirk) for $10.00 for each birth certificate copy being requested.
- Individual's Full Birth Name.
- Date of Birth.
- Your Phone number.
- Copy of photo identification (ID), state issued driver’s license preferred.
- Letter (application) must be notarized to confirm identity.
- Address where birth certificate is to be sent.
- If you are requesting another individual to pick up your birth certificate on your behalf, you must indicate the name of the individual, and how they are related to you.
- Mail request to:
- City Clerk’s Office, 342 Central Avenue, Dunkirk, NY 14048
- All required paperwork must be in English.
|Click here for Birth Certificate Requirements|