If you have a new business to the area, or want to promote your existing business, please reach out to the City of Dunkirk.
Our FREE New business package includes:
- A scheduled Ribbon Cutting in partnership with the Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce
- A general business ad promoting your business name, address, and hospitality/retail product(s)
- A short Access Channel commercial video of the ribbon cutting with business owner(s)/staff interviews.
- A listing on our City Business Directory, click here
bUSINESS ASSISTANCE ORGANIZATIONS
- Small Business Development Center at Jamestown Community College
- The SBDC delivers high quality business counseling and training to clients looking to start a business or improve the performance of an existing business. Offering free and confidential services to any business under 500 employees regarding business plans, loan packaging, marketing assistance, financial projections, budgeting and more. To request an appointment with one of our certified business advisors, go to our website at www.sbdcjcc.org or call 716-338-1024.
- Free Classes on Different Business Topics on the Online Business Academy at www.SBDCBusinessAcademy.com
- Chautauqua Opportunities Business Development (C.O.I.)
- Michael Michalski - #716-410-5215
- “Small Business Essential Course”, Business Plan Building, Possible Start-Up Grants
SUNY FREDONIA TECHNOLOGY INCUBATOR
The incubator will assist entrepreneurs in starting and growing successful businesses based on existing and emerging technologies. The SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator nurtures and accelerates the successful development of start-up and fledgling technology companies. Through a network of supportive resources, technical expertise, and shared business services, the incubator empowers firms with the knowledge and experience needed to become financially viable and freestanding.
In order to qualify for “admission” to SUNY Fredonia’s Technology Incubator, you must meet three criteria: (1) be a technology-related firm, (2) have the potential to grow, and (3) exhibit a commitment to Western New York.
We have the tools to help you with:
- New Business Development
- Product Development
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Access to Funding
- IT Services
- Accounting/Financial Services
- Legal Services
- Proper Space
Our Target Markets:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- University Alumni & Faculty
- Environmental & Energy Markets
- Agricultural Business & Technology
- Suppliers to Existing & Start-up Businesses
For more information call 716-363-6430 or visit www.fredonia.edu/incubator
Other Resources For Local Businesses